A group discussion (GD) is a simulated exercise, used by BSchools and organizations to gauge whether the candidate has certain personality traits or skills that they desire to see in their students/managers. In this article you will find tips on GD and how to handle them to ensure a positive outcome
1. Try to initiate a discussion:Initiating a GD is a high profithigh loss strategy. When you initiate a GD, you not only grab the opportunity to speak, you also grab the attention of the examiner and your fellow candidates. If you can make a favourable first impression with your content and communication skills after you initiate a GD, it will help you sail through the discussion.
When you start the GD you are actually giving the GD a direction, so start the GD only when you have proper topic knowledge.
2. Make relevant contributions: You could make valuable contributions by stating facts and figures. Use quotes if possible to put forth a point. Relating your points with examples is an excellent way to impress the moderators. Keep entering the GD at crucial points so that you are heard throughout the discussion.
3. Allow others to speak: You must ensure that the group hears you. If the group hears you, so will the evaluator but let others also voice their opinion. Be attentive and show that you are interested when others speak. Do not interrupt anyone in between while speaking. Even if you don’t agree with someone’s point of view, do not interrupt him/her but instead make points and clear them when it’s your turn.
4. Try to build consensus: The next most important thing is that you must be clearly seen to be attempting to build a consensus. This shows your ability to work in a team, your ability to adjust yourself in new surroundings and help others in your team to reach a definite conclusion amidst difference of opinions. After all this is what all Group Discussions aim at: To be able to discuss and arrive at a consensus.
5. Maintain a positive posture: Your gestures and mannerisms reflect your positive attitude. Try and maintain eye contact and hand movements, but don’t stare at the participant. Use voice modulation to highlight important points and statistics. Don’t close your hand/fists as it reflects a negative attitude. Avoid using exaggerated hand/body movements to make up for lack of words.
6. Flexibility & Assertiveness: You must be open to other ideas as well as to the evaluation of your ideas: That is what flexibility is all about. You must put forth your point to the group in a very emphatic, positive and confident manner. Participants often confuse assertiveness with aggressiveness. Aggressiveness is all about forcing your point on the other person, and can be a threat to the group. An aggressive person can also demonstrate negative body language, whereas an assertive person displays positive body language.
7. Wear formal attire: Wear comfortable formal dress as it reflects professionalism. Try and avoid overdressing. Wearing a formal shirt and trouser with a tie is ideal for men; women on the other hand can wear either western formals or traditional Indian dress like a salwar kameez.
8. Summarize the GD: Most GD’s do not really have conclusions. A conclusion is where the whole group decides in favor or against the topic. But every GD is summarized. You can summarize what the group has discussed in the GD in a nutshell.
Keep the following points in mind while summarizing a discussion:
* Avoid raising new points.
* Avoid stating only your viewpoint.
* Avoid dwelling only on one aspect of the GD.
* Keep it brief and concise.
* It must incorporate all the important points that came out during the GD.
* If the examiner asks you to summarize a GD, it means the GD has come to an end.
* Do not add anything once the GD has been summarized.
* During conclusion, do end with a conclusion note, which shows your leadership qualities Best scoring points are:
1. Initiation of discussion,
2. keeping/trying to keep discussion on track
3. Conclusion on time
4.Your capability to keep your cool and listen as well as putting forth your point. Want to develop world class group discussion skills? Visit Bindas Bol Classes and discuss your
problem areas with our course advisor at our locations all across mumbai – Dadar, Thane, Borivli, Navi Mumbai and Ghatkopar. To locate your nearest address visit us at Bindas Bol Foreign Language Classes.
To many language students, learning a foreign language may come across as a daunting task. If you are just starting out to learning German language, then, to you the words may seem lengthy and different. So, the best way to learn German language is two words: Have Fun. German is a very interesting language and the more fun you are having, the quicker you will learn it.
Join good German Language Classes in Mumbai to learn German:Joining German Language Classes in Mumbai is always better than trying to learn a language on your own (with the help of a dictionary or online learning sites). A website would probably not teach you the pronunciation of the words.
And a dictionary may not be appropriate because just as in English, most words can mean more than one thing. Consider the word”fix“in English as one good example:”fix a sandwich“is a different meaning than”fix the car“or”he’s in a fine fix.”Same way words in German also may have different meaning for example:”you“in German has two forms” Sie “and” du / ihr (plural)“
Passive skills must come first when you’re learning German language from German language Classes in Mumbai: Make sure that the classes that you choose to learn German language first teach you the passive skills i.e., such as listening and Reading. Once you are through with your passive skills trainers should teach you the active skills i.e., speaking and Writing. This is the proper way to train the students as even a small baby first listens to the words and then speaks them, tries to read and only then write them.
German language Classes in Mumbai must pressurize in teaching you Grammar: Learning German is not tough as it reflects English language, but German grammar can get complicated. It is very necessary to learn German grammar in order to be able to speak German fluently. The structure of the German phrase is very rigid but regular. Verbs usually come at the end of the phrase, with sometimes use of verbs, auxiliaries and infinitives lining up before you can finish your sentence and catch your breath. For example:
Word:“bekommen (meaning: to get, receive)”
Sentence in German: “Was bekommen Sie? (Translation in English: What can I get for you?)”
Word: “bringen (meaning: to bring, take)”
Sentence in German: “Ich bringe Sie zum Flughafen.(Translation in English: I’ll take you to the airport)”Learn such more Verbs and complete grammar at our German Language Institute in Mumbai(Thane, Dadar, Vashi, Ghatkopar and Borivli)
Let’s have a look at some simple German greetings of the Day: German language has specific greetings ready for the different periods of the day. “Morgen” is a popular German word. Learn basic German greetings below and use it to greet everybody else you meet to enhance your German speaking skills and at the same time, to let you remember these German words effortlessly.
Guten Morgen= Good Morning Guten Tag= Good Day Guten Abend= Good Evening Guten Nacht= Good Night Bis später= See you later Bis Morgen= See you tomorrow.
Download a quick start, 3page Free ebook on learning german language . At our website, You can also get more free tips and know more about our german courses in mumbai at Dadar, Borivli, Ghatkopar, Thane and Navi Mumbai.
Spanish has grown to be among the most important languages worldwide. It unlocks your communications with more than 350 million native Spanish speakers worldwide. By 2014, The United States of America (U.S.A) is expected be the largest Spanish speaking nation in the world! No wonder, learning Spanish has become all the more important in Mumbai (Bombay) – more so for those who seek opportunities in Mumbai. Here’s with a few tips to learn Spanish in Mumbai
Good at English? It helps in learning Spanish! Both Spanish and English have Latin roots. Thus if you pay attention to similarities between some Spanish and some English words (ones that are close), you have just made a great takeoff towards learning Spanish in Mumbai.In our various Spanish classes in Mumbai, this technique has been used with great success.
Be a Spaniard? – Take time to know the culture of the source – Spain. Listening to Spanish music, watching Spanish movies, listening to Spanish radio or music, reading Spanish books or magazines – these will remind you constantly of your goal (“Master Spanish!”) and build up basics. As you do so, you will learn Spanish quickly – learning new words and delving deeper in formation of sentences. The city of Mumbai offers many such avenues for learning Spanish the fun way. At our multiple Spanish class locations in Mumbai (Dadar, Thane, Borivli, Navi Mumbai and Ghatkopar), it has been observed that this comfort with Spanish culture works very effectively towards mastering Spanish language. Spanish movie views, books and magazines are possible and highly encouraged at all our Spanish language courses/classes in Mumbai.
Smart Vocabulary building – It has been observed that learning the “high frequency” words in Spanish is a smart way to learn. Our linguistics research, corroborated by various other studies shows that not more than about 110 words, (maybe even less) are used in more than half of all communications! If you figure out and learn those 110 words, you are almost halfdone and with a superb start towards learning Spanish. In our Spanish courses in Mumbai spread all over Mumbai, the practice of including such high frequency Spanish words has enabled Spanish learners in Mumbai to rapidly master the language.
Select the right Spanish learning course/class in Mumbai First, it is essential to figure out whether you need classroom coaching/courses in Spanish in Mumbai. If you are a beginner or intermediate Spanish learner in Mumbai, a classroom setting is more or less necessary. It may also be a good point to visit your Spanish course counselor in Mumbai and discuss your requirements for learning Spanish in Mumbai
Download quick start,3page Free ebooks on learning Spanish. At our website, you can also get more free tips and know more about our Spanish language courses in mumbai at Dadar, Borivli, Ghatkopar, Thane and Navi Mumbai
The business world is changing and careers are indeed global. You need to be knowing one or more foreign language to market yourself to companies It thus becomes imperative to learn foreign languages through courses made available by foreign language institutes in Mumbai.
Foreign Language training and corporate careers:People looking for jobs in finance, sales, marketing and even IT (information technology) could learnforeign language courses in Mumbaiand make their career highly successful. Foreign Languages are also likely to help in fields where you deal directly with buyers, such as in automobile sales.
Most companies these days are multinationals with branches in various countries – many opportunities have thus opened up doors for people knowing a foreign language. Knowing one or more foreign language through foreign language courses from foreign language institute in Mumbai also makes it possible for one to be a lot more hirable than the person who knows his native language only.
Foreign Language training and your career at a call center: India is the second highest country offering jobs in call centers. Call centers pay a 10% to 15% premium to employees knowing foreign language for their experience and skill. Many such companies hire representatives who can speak one or more foreign language. Such representatives may be able to help new foreign clients by speaking in a foreign language that they learned through a foreign language classes in Mumbai.
Foreign language training means more options, more money: In today’s global economy you really have to understand the way business is done overseas to maximize your potential. Learning a foreign language through foreign language institute in Mumbai equips you for that. Besides, if you’re doing business overseas, or with someone from overseas, you obtain a certain degree of comfort and respect in interactions if you’re able to talk in their native language: It is believed that people are far more likely to speak freely and openly if you are speaking in their own language. We provide foreign language training to people aspiring to globalize their business and willing to learn a foreign language for the same at our foreign language classes in Mumbai(Thane, Dadar, Borivli, Navi Mumbai, and Ghatkopar).
Foreign language training adds as a resume booster: There are many organizations where being able to communicate in a foreign language is very important. If you can speak a foreign language, include that on your resume or application – it will make the resume much more attractive to future employers. The more foreign languages one knows, the better. One such example is that of a sailor who applies for work on a charter boat. Since the job will entail communicating with guests on the boat who at times do not speak any English, he has much better chances of getting selected if he knows how to speak a foreign language.
Foreign language training gives your career an advancement and overseas business assignments from the same company: Knowledge of a foreign language can make you more valuable to your company, giving you a better chance of a promotion or a raise. You may also improve your potential for reassignment or relocation, and therefore also an increase in pay. Learning a foreign language could get you a possible assignment in company’s overseas branches as well. The potential experience you could gain could lead to a whole new plateau in your career altogether. We’ve successfully taught our students foreign languages through our foreign language courses in Mumbai(Thane, Dadar, Borivli, Navi Mumbai, and Ghatkopar) who are now working with top international companies.
Gain mastery in foreign languages and get more tips on learning foreign languages. To locate our nearest foreign language classes in Mumbai.
Four Tips To Improve Your Spoken English And Speak With Confidence.
Looking For help on “English speaking in Mumbai”? Do you want to win over your audience, employer and colleagues with a confident, strong command of English? Do you feel low and left out when you find others confidently speaking in English while you feel jittery and “lagging behind”? Do you want to master the world’s number one language? Here’s with four useful tips to empower your “english speaking” skills and gain everlasting confidence as you speak perfect, simple and effective English.
Strengthen your English grammar: The first step towards mastering English is to learn English grammar and strengthen your fundamentals in the language. Let’s take a simple test and first look at the phrase “English speaking classes Mumbai”. Do you think this is good English – or the “spoken English classes in Mumbai” would be better? If you are not sure, it’s time to revisit grammar (The right answer, by the way, is “spoken English class in Mumbai”).
You may not spend years in learning English grammar – the key is to study the most important and frequently used or applicable sections of grammar. Focus on basics such as correct usage of verbs, adverbs, adjectives, nouns, tense formation and active and passive voice. That will put you off on a great start in learning the English language. Remember: most of the people with perfect English never memorize grammar – English grammar rules are complicated and have many exceptions. The best way to learn English grammar is by hearing and reading as much natural English as you can.
Use every opportunity to speak in English: Why not use every single day as an opportunity to practice. Do you have fear of making mistakes and sounding embarrassed? The same fear could stop you forever! Take your chances everyday – start from home, with friends and then finally with colleagues at work. At our English speaking courses in Mumbai (spread over multiple locations – Dadar, Thane, Borivli, Navi Mumbai and Ghatkopar), we encourage students to come forward and speak extempore (in English). This provides the first, safe platform where you can comfortably face your fears and even develop your verbal presentation skills .
Constantly build your vocabulary in English: Whenever you read an English newspaper, newsletter, article or magazine, ensure that you mark out the words that you do not follow. Start this practice with newspapers where the level of English is moderate and thus easy to grasp. One of the best periodicals for this is the reader’s digest which carries 1520 new words to add to your vocabulary. Another great way is to get a copy of “word Power made easy” by Norman Lewis – the most practicable book in word power development. Vocabulary directly impacts your Spoken English skills and is must towards learning English language. At our English speaking courses in Mumbai (spread over multiple locations – Dadar, Thane, Borivli, Navi Mumbai and Ghatkopar), we ensure that all word power building materials are made available with periodic tests on English vocabulary.
Simple, Crisp English is the Best English, Worldwide: As you go ahead with mastering spoken English, avoid complex sentences which may confuse you, your listeners and make things even more difficult. And probably embarrassing! Stick to the basic rules of English grammar and use proper sentences and word forms. This is the best way to speak flawless English. Once you are comfortable with your basics and practiced English speaking, move to the complex sentences. Also, first work towards improving your English speaking capabilities and then move to other areas.
Get more free tips and secrets for mastering English Speaking skills in Mumbai. Visit Bindas Bol Classes and attend an English speaking excellence workshop at our locations all across mumbai – Dadar, Thane, Borivli, Vashi and Ghatkopar. To locate your nearest Bindas Bol Classes address all over mumbai.
Success Tips From the Personality Development Experts
Are you looking for help on being able to handle more in less time – Work, Travel, Deadlines, Exam pressures, Workrelated deadlines? Here’s with 6 easy ways to manage and reduce stress in the modern day, hectic life of Mumbai.
1. Exercise. Amen for endorphin’s Believe me; they’ve helped me many days with my perspective. You need to understand that Stress and health are closely linked. It is one of the most effective ways of reducing stress and physical stress in particular. If you have to work out, then go take a brisk walk and gets that blood flowing.It isn’t about working out to lose weight – it’s about being healthy and staying sane.
Reducing stress can be more often a more complicated process than it seems to be.Exercise can not only keep individuals healthy but also help them effectively manage physical stress. It really works as a stress buster and gives you stress relief.
2. Eat the real stuff. Crappy food (fast, processed, and loaded with sugar) doesn’t help your chemical brain and body in reducing stress. It does not help you manage physical stress either. Living food, real food, helps support your mind and body while it’s trying to deal with the million things coming its way. Having healthy eating habits can help a lot in Reducing stress and it gives you stress relief. Stress and health can also be looked at this way. Every time I reach for the chocolate; I’m looking to feel something from it. Don’t get me wrong – if it’s just a little here and there because I enjoy the taste of it, great. But if I’m using it the minute I feel overwhelmed, then that’s when that food is no longer OK to eat. It doesn’t make the problem go away, and then I just feel bad about eating the food to pacify myself. Grab green food instead. Put things in your mouth that are going to support your immune function and keep you level headed. And that is going to help you reduce physical stress.
3. Notice. Try not to let the stress (physical stress/mental stress) overtake you. Recognize the situations that cause the stress and notice them coming your way. First step towards reducing stress is to be aware that it is coming your way. In that way only you would be able to gain stress relief.Stress and health are very much antagonistic to each other. Hence stress and health need very much to be taken care of. Where there is stress there cannot be health. So it would not only help you deal with the stress better but would also help you in reducing stress and handling stressful situations better. You have a better shot at fending off the full effects of the stress when you can anticipate it.
4. Get it off your chest. Talk to a friend or partner about the stress. Keeping the stress to yourself increases the level of physical stress you undergo and may not help you in reducing stress. Stress and health cannot be managed effectively in that way then. Sometimes just getting it off your chest can help unload some of the burden and would go a long way in reducing stress and significantly bring it to a lower level.
5. Keep your sense of humour. If you do have the chance to talk about the physical stress that you have been going through, try to see the irony and humour in the wacky bits. Since It is one of the easiest ways of reducing stress and gives a lot of stress relief but still people find it difficult practicing it. You check your stress and health to significant extent this way. I think someone is dead in the water once they lose their sense of humour. So staying humorous is one of the most effective ways of reducing stress, physical stress in particular and relieving tension.
6. Stay grateful. My daughter has large lungs and verbal skills she likes to display. Just when I start to wishfully think about her being quiet, I remind myself to be grateful that she can talk to me at all. Well, Amen that you have the means and the health to even be able to wrestle with the idea of going to work out. Make a habit of saying thank you. You will notice the sunny spots a lot more often, and not just the gray skies and storms. May be you would be able to look into your stress and health better. May be in that way you would be reducing stress and reducing stress in a cheerful way and stay cheerful.
Get more free tips on stress management. To know how we can help you manage stress and develop a winning personality, please visit us at Bindas Bol Foreign Language Classes.